We have infection control and screening measures in place at all our physiotherapy sites and are compliant with government regulations for re-opening during the Covid-19 level 4 lockdown.
Our thanks go to our in-house education department Up-Skill who have created online infection control training videos for our staff, enabling us to do this training remotely. We have appointed infection control officers at each site who are doing safety checks daily and ensuring that everything possible is being done to protect you and our team from the Covid-19 Virus.
Booking an appointment
Appointments should be booked over the phone or via WhatsApp as we will be doing initial screening for signs and symptoms of Covid-19 telephonically before confirming your appointment so please call before you come in.
If you develop any symptoms between your telephonic screening and your appointment, please contact your GP or the Covid-19 hotline 0800 029 999 for advice and let us know so that we can reschedule your appointment.
We have set up an innovative new TeleHealth service if you need assistance but would prefer not to have a contact session. We recommend that anyone who is considered high-risk ie. is over the age of 65, is pregnant, has chronic lung disease, diabetes, moderate to severe asthma, is immunocompromised or has a body mass index of over 40 uses this option. Our TeleHealth service has been approved by the larger medical aid schemes and we are here to support you at this time.
Coming to the practice:
• We will email you confirmation of your appointment (to show at a roadblock if you are stopped).
• Please wear a mask to your appointment and keep it onwhile you are with us.
• We have set up screening stations outside each of our practices. Here you will fill in a screening questionnaire, have your temperature taken, complete a Health Declaration Form and sanitise your hand’s. All our Physios, Administrators and support staff are also screened daily.
• We have staggered treatment times to enable us to ensure social distancing.
• Your physio will wear a mask during treatment, all surfaces are cleaned with medical steriliser before and after each treatment.
• For your safety no shorts, gowns, blankets, pillows or linen will be provided.
• Towels are changed for every patient but if you would prefer you may bring your own with you.
• All surfaces in the reception area are regularly disinfected throughout the day.
• We have Zapper payment options at all our sites to minimise touching of surfaces and will email your invoice to you.
We have put all the necessary safety and screening precautions in place to protect both you and us at this difficult time. Despite this there is still a small risk that you may be exposed to the covid-19 virus if you leave your home and come in for a contact physiotherapy session at this time.
Experiencing a Telehealth session:
• Doxy, WhatsApp Video call, Skype, Google Hangouts or Cisco WebEx will/can be used. Whatever you are most comfortable with.
• You will need to sign a consent to TeleHealth prior to commencement of the session, this will be sent to you via email or WhatsApp.
• We will first ask a series of questions to understand your pain/injury and obtain your medical details.
• We will then do some physical tests where we observe movement or posture.
• You may want to prepare a space in advance and check where to place your phone/laptop to best be viewed by your physio whilst standing for observation of movements and lying to do exercises.
• We then diagnose and if we feel we need a contact session to confirm or treat at this stage we will let you know. We will also decide here if further investigation or referral to a doctor is needed.
• For treatment we will give you advice, teach you about the condition and recommend how you should manage it. Self-treatment techniques will be taught if applicable. We can suggest lifestyle modification, prescribe exercises, demonstrate techniques to you and observe you doing them. We will coach you through the process of healing yourself.
TeleHealth is just as beneficial as contact physio for certain conditions and specific phases of the healing process. It is an especially safe option for people who fall within the high risk population at this time.
We are here to serve you, please contact us if we can help you or your loved ones at this time.
The HG Physio Team.