South Africa has one of the highest incidences of skin cancer in the world.
Here are a few tips to keep you safe this summer:
1. Wear suncreen! Apply 20 minutes before going outdoors and reapply every 2 hours. Don’t forget to protect those lips too!
2. Wear a hat! Try to find a hat that provides shade to your neck, head, face, eyes and ears.
3. Wear sunglasses! It is important to protect your eyes from UV radiation.
4. Wear protective clothing! Choose lightweight cool clothing that covers a large area of your skin.
5. Seek shade! Shade does reduce sun exposure but it doesn’t mean you can ignore tips 1-4 to protect yourself from UV radiation
Visit www.cansa.org.za for more info.